The purpose of the project is to create a cartographic mapping of atmospheric pollution in accordance with the requirements of Directives 96/62/EU on “Ambient air quality assessment and management” and other directives on limit values of individual pollutants. The technical description of the project includes the following tasks:
- Country division into zones and agglomerations.
- Specification of the zones and agglomerations.
- Design and conduct measurement campaigns in accordance with the requirements of the European legislation.
- Estimation of the pollutants concentration in the entire territory of the country, using appropriate software tools (meteorological model and photochemical dispersion model).
- Data base development.
- Development of a Geographic Information System for mapping pollution levels. The application will include the necessary geographic backgrounds.
- Support administration office to complete the questionnaire on the implementation of Directives 96/62/EC and 99/30/EU, according to Commission Decision 01/839/EU.
- Office staff (Department of Atmospheric Quality Division) training sessions on the use and operation of cartographic mapping system.
In the framework of the project DRAXIS conducts the following activities:
- Data base development
- GIS applications
- Measurement, sampling and analysis
- Application of computational tools (models operation)
- Supply of equipment